I have worked with children and families for over 20 years and received my Masters in Social Work from Roberts Wesleyan College in 1998. I am licensed to practice psychotherapy in the state of New York.
My experience includes:
- Community-based mental health counseling to children and families
- Clinical social work and counseling in school settings
- Counseling children with developmental disorders, learning disabilities, mental health and behavioral issues
- Counseling parents of children with developmental disorders, learning disabilities, mental health and behavioral issues
- Recruiting, training and supervising adult volunteers who work with children
I am currently an Adjunct Professor in the Master of Social Work program at Roberts Wesleyan College. I have given workshops on a variety of child and parenting topics to school districts, PTAs, parent clubs, women’s groups and community organizations that promote healthy family relationships.
I am a member of the American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Team, supporting individuals and families with losses due to fires, floods and other natural or man-made disasters. Proud to have served in NYC following 9/11.