I have worked with children and families for over 20 years and received my Masters in Social Work from Roberts Wesleyan College in 1998. I am licensed to practice psychotherapy in the state of New York.
My experience includes:
- Community-based mental health counseling to children and families
- Clinical social work and counseling in school settings
- Counseling children with developmental disorders, learning disabilities, mental health and behavioral issues
- Counseling parents of children with developmental disorders, learning disabilities, mental health and behavioral issues
- Recruiting, training and supervising adult volunteers who work with children
I taught as an Adjunct Professor in the Master of Social Work program at Roberts Wesleyan College from 2001-2015. I have given workshops on a variety of child and parenting topics to school districts, PTAs, parent clubs, women’s groups and community organizations that promote healthy family relationships.
Member of the American Red Cross Disaster Mental Health Team (2001-2017), supporting individuals and families with losses due to fires, floods and other natural or man-made disasters. Proud to have served in NYC following 9/11.